About Oklahoma Surgicare
Oklahoma Surgicare is dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective outpatient and short stay surgery in a friendly, patient-oriented environment. Oklahoma Surgicare combines more than a decade of experience with a state-of-the-art facility that includes overnight stay for more complex procedures. As always, our emphasis is on convenience as well as quality. It is important that you click here and read the Patient Rights and Responsibilities prior to the day of surgery.
How is Oklahoma Surgicare different from a hospital?
Because a hospital must be staffed and equipped to treat all types of medical problems, it provides a much broader range of services than your current needs may require. Since Oklahoma Surgicare is designed exclusively for outpatient surgery, we are able to offer patients a convenient, comfortable and generally less costly alternative to a hospital.
The Center’s warm surroundings and increased level of individual attention minimize the stress often associated with surgery. You will be released within hours of surgery to complete your recovery in the comfort of your home. Our pleasant atmosphere and special attention are particularly helpful in easing the fears of children who are scheduled for surgery.
Reduced cost is another advantage of the Surgery Center. When your care does not demand an extended stay, your cost may be significantly lower than if you had the same procedure performed as a hospital inpatient.
However, the Center is similar to a hospital in these respects:
- Your surgeon is supported by a highly-skilled team of anesthesiologists, registered nurses and other qualified medical personnel specially trained in surgical and recovery care.
- Our surgical suites are equipped with sophisticated monitors and highly technical equipment and instrumentation.
- The standards of care required by Medicare and surgical governing bodies are strictly followed. Oklahoma Surgicare has Medicare certification and is licensed by the state of Oklahoma. In addition, Oklahoma Surgicare is accredited by The Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We have taken the utmost care in designing our facility to provide patients with the most modern setting, equipment and instrumentation:
- 7 operating rooms, one Endoscopy/Treatment room
- two overnight stay rooms for more complex procedures
- pre-operative admitting area with divided waiting areas designed to provide privacy
- private family consultation room
- acute and step-down recovery areas; family members may join patients in both areas
- basic lab services on-site
- access to pathology services off-site with fast turn around
- frozen section services on-site depending on insurance plan
Start the surgical assessment process early by pre-registering online. This quick and easy form will save you time and energy.
You might have some questions regarding your surgery. Here you will find information about preparing for your surgery, the day of surgery, and after your surgery.
At our center, we provide surgical services designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life. Learn more about the services offered at our facility.